9 Food & Nutrition- Elective 1 Semester
“What’s right for me?” provides a positive outlook to Health and Well Being. In this Food and Health unit, students will further develop their understanding of Physical, Social, Emotional and Intellectual changes associated with adolescence. They will examine effective self-management, decision making strategies, dietary requirements, and impact of healthy food choices through practical and Inquiry based learning.
- Positive attitude to health and well being
- Personal and social decision making
- Healthier and safer community life
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- “Swap it” human nutrition
- Nutritional needs of Adolescents
- Creating healthier foods to promote health and well being
Assessment: In Year 9 students are assessed using the IBMYP criteria for Design which includes Inquiring and Analysing, Developing ideas, creating a solution and evaluating.
Practical activities and reflection 50%
Written and folio tasks 50%
Associated costs: A semester fee of $65.00 (GST free) will partially cover food and material costs.