9 Music Performance & Technology
Entry Recommendations and Special Requirements:
- Satisfactory completion of Year 8 Music.
- Students must have a keen interest in practical Music and be committed to practise at home as well.
- All Year 9 Music students are required to enrol and attend weekly instrumental/vocal lessons for the full year either here at the College with free tuition from DECD IMS staff or their own private teacher at their own expense.
- Participation in Ensemble groups for school and community performances during the year.
- Attendance at performances as arranged by the Music Teacher.
- Music should be chosen if students are wishing to continue into Year 10 Music.
Please note the content to be studied will vary depending on student interest and the instrumental groupings within the classes.
- Know your instrument and its role in the Band
- Performance - both as a Soloist and within a Band
- How to rehearse and play in a Band
- Music History - Rock/Contemporary - Research tasks
- Music in Film and Musicals
- Music Theory/Composition/Arranging and Analysis
- Listening Journals
- Aural training
- Music Technology/Sound Production/PA systems/ICT skills
- Working with the Children's Centre and Junior School students Special requirements:
- Participation in ensemble groups for school and community performances during the year.
- Attendance at performances as arranged by the music teacher.
Those students who need to hire an instrument can do so through the school at an additional cost. Students and their families needing to access this feature will be required to enter a Hire Agreement and return a signed Contract with payment. Payment plans can be negotiated as required. Please note: commitment is for 12 months and fees are not refundable. IMS Instrumental/Vocal Reports will be issued at the end of each semester.