10 Food & Hospitality - Elective 1 semester
Students focus on preparation and presentation of food, Hospitality industry and catering, working collaboratively. They will further develop skills and safe work practices in preparation, storage and handling as well as food service.
- Advanced food preparation skills, food presentation and garnishing
- Safety, hygiene and safe food handling, quality control
- A focus on meals and nutrition
- Technological advancements in food preparation and hospitality industry
- Catering for guests
- Teamwork, planning and food service
- Careers in food and hospitality industry
Practical activity, planning and evaluation 50%
Research tasks and design folio 50%
Associated costs: A course fee of $65.00 (GST free) per semester will cover the material costs.